When you’re ready to travel again, we’re ready to welcome you.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting your wellbeing throughout your stay.
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and provide our hotel teams the protection they need to continue delivering our exemplary service.
IHG Way of Clean
As a member of the IHG family, we have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures. This programme is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and going forward, guests can expect to see evolved procedures in every area of the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitiser stations, keyless entry and sanitised key-cards, paperless check-out
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, ‘last cleaned’ charts, best practices for pools, fitness centres and lounges
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitised items (e.g. glassware, remote control), reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of electrostatic technology
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. We’re working closely with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and keeping guests safe in this new environment, some of which include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes available in guest rooms and at high-touch points throughout hotels
Our Clean Promise
With updated measures in place, we are following the IHG Clean Promise. Rolling out globally from 1 June 2020, guests can be reassured that:
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms that meet our standards. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
Contact our friendly team to learn more about the IHG Clean Promise and our commitment to providing you a safe and enjoyable experience.